Records show that competitive sailing existed on Milford Haven Waterway more than two hundred years ago but it was in 1923 that the first sailing club was formed. The early meetings of the Pembrokeshire Yacht club were held at The Great Western Hotel, Neyland but the club soon moved to The Kings Arms, Hakin Point, Milford Haven and remained there until the acquisition of six derelict cottages at Gelliswick Bay in the 1950s. Through members enthusiasm and efforts the cottages were restored and converted into what became the basis of today’s club house and facilities.
Pembrokeshire Yacht club is truly ‘Pembrokeshire’s Yacht club’.
We discovered a 1924 County Guardian article for a ‘smoking concert’. Which is well worth a read and just gives an idea what a sense of community the Club has for the whole of Pembrokeshire. – Click here
For membership application please – Click Here